Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Curricula, Inc., d/b/a Edlyft (“Edlyft,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Edlyft provides a platform for college students (“Students”) to seek resources to tackle the most challenging computer science classes, by offering in person and online group tutoring sessions, study groups, and guidance from peers who’ve done it before (“Mentors” and together with Students, “you” or “users”) (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”).
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Student Information: When you create an account, we collect your name, email address, phone number, college, grades, educational records, college tuition information (including amount paid and the sources from which you derive the payments), gender, age, address, and information about your interests and preferences and we may ask you to optionally provide other information such as information related to your usage of the Service.
Mentor Information: When you apply to become a Mentor, we will collect information from you such as your education and employment history, phone number, photo, country of residence, and information we need to process payments to you, such as your bank account information, social security number, or taxpayer identification number, as necessary to facilitate payment and to comply with related legal obligations.
Communication Data: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication data is optional to you.
Social Media Data: We have pages on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details, comments, and photos. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Recording of Tutoring: We use a live video platforms operated by third party service providers (the “Video Hosting Providers”) to provide Students with ability to interact through live video with each other and with Mentors for video mentoring purposes. Video Hosting Providers store a recording of these interactions on their servers, and provide us access to that data which we may make available to Students and Mentors who attended these video conferences and other users through the Site or to you individually for review.
Internet Activity Data: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
Device Data: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Data: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Location Data: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
Email Open/Click Data: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide the Service and facilitate mentoring arrangements based on your information and preferences;
To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
To analyze how you interact with our Service;
To maintain and improve the Service;
To develop new products and services;
To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA Edlyft does not sell your Personal Data. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Data described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
Other Users: Certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, when you post information to forums or through the Service, other users, including Students and Mentors will be able to view and interact with such information.
4. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
5. CHILDREN Our Service is designed for current college students. Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Edlyft does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to Edlyft through the Service please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. SECURITY You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Edlyft via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
8. YOUR CHOICES In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.
Start your CS journey with edlyft and achieve your goals